Curry Chicken Foldover with Herbed Summer Veggies
Try this curry chicken wrap recipe today!
Curry Chicken Wrap Recipes: Curry Chicken Foldover with Herbed Summer Veggies
Leftover used: Chicken Curry
Chicken Curry is a dish that magically gets better after being left overnight, as the flavours meld together with time. By reinventing leftover chicken curry into a cheesy foldover, we can make the leftovers go further while adding nutrition through a medley of summer vegetables.
This recipe is also a great way to introduce spices and curry flavours to children, as well as getting some vegetables into their diet. The use of Mission Foods Supersoft 6 Grains wraps also ensures that they are getting a dose of whole grains in the yummiest way possible.
2 tortilla wraps
2 cups Chicken curry, with chicken meat shredded
1 tbsp Curry Powder
½ cup Corn kernels, drained
½ Zucchini, diced
2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp Cooking oil
½ cup Coriander leaves, roughly chopped
½ cup Flat-leaves parsley, roughly chopped
1 cup Shredded cheese, such as mozzarella
Salt, to season
- When you are ready to make the wrap, shred the leftover chicken from the cold curry. Cut the potatoes into cubes, and set aside some of the gravy.
- In a frying pan, heat up 2 tablespoons of cooking oil on a high heat. Add the chopped garlic and curry powder, and sauté until fragrant. Add the diced zucchini, and fry for 5–6 minutes, until almost cooked through.
- Add the corn kernels to the pan, along with the salt, and fry for another 1–2 minutes. Toss the leftover chicken curry into the pan, and stir together until warmed through.
- Season with salt, and take off the heat. Stir in the chopped herbs.
- Rinse out the frying pan and wipe clean. Place it back on a medium heat. Lay one tortilla wrap in the pan and scatter half the cheese all over the wrap.
- Scoop half the cooked filling onto half of the wrap, and leave to cook until all the cheese has melted. Fold the half without filling over the other half of the wrap, and press down to seal.
- Remove the foldover to a chopping board, then cut into three pieces. Repeat the process with the other wrap.
Curry chicken wrap recipes are quick and easy. They are also a great way to use up leftover curry! Try it today!
This recipe was contributed by Mission Food